Did You Know... ?
- Physicians and nurses receive very limited education about nutrition during college. It is learned only if pursued on his/her own time. It's because of this ignorance that a healthcare provider may say that all vitamins are the same, or that there is no need to take vitamins because all the nutrition you need can be found in your diet. These are false statements.
- As your body's cells die off, new cells are formed. If you eat an unhealthy diet, you form unhealthy cells. Over time, you are likely to develop such problems as premature aging, poor memory, a weakened immune system, heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. However, you will improve your health if you take supplements and eat foods as close to nature as possible (organic foods without pesticides and hormones, whole grains, raw nuts and seeds, natural cold-expeller pressed oils, and foods free of harmful artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives, and hydrogenerated oils)! We are intended to eat natural foods as the main sustenance of our meals, not man-made foods. You don't need to eliminate every junk food. All things in moderation.
- Even if you appear to be in good health today, you may not be in the future, if you don't take care of yourself! You need a healthy diet, suplementation, exercise, rest, and stress management. It is much easier to prevent a health problem than it is to treat it!
- Pesticides are designed to kill the neurological system of insects. So by eating non-organic foods, loaded with pesticides, what is happening to our neurological systems? What is happening to children's still developing neurological systems? So thoroughly wash those fruit and vegetables! Obviously eating organic is your best choice.
- If your body is having symptoms, such as frequent illnesses, it is telling you that it needs more nutrition than it is getting from your diet!
- The majority of health food store vitamins are not 100% natural. By law, they only have to be 15% natural to be labeled "natural".
- "Good fats", such as omega-3 oils are deliberately being removed by manufacturers during food processing because they spoil too quickly! In doing so, the shelf life of the product increases, which results in larger profits. A deficiency in this necessary fat contributues to a whole array of commonly found health problems--ADD, LD (learning disabilities), poor memory, depression, colitis, crohn's disease, migraine headaches, eczema, psoriasis, asthma, and high cholesterol! Omega-3 fats have an anti-inflammatory effect and are needed for normal brain and nerve function, to lubricate the joints, to coat the skin and hair, to maintain normal metabolism, and to make hormones. Shaklee's OmegaGuard is an omega-3 oil from fish. Fish oil contains both DHA and EPA, omega-3 oils, which are in very high concentrations in the front of the brain, the part of the brain necessary for memory, concentration, and focusing. Unlike other products, Shaklee's OmegaGuard is produced using triple distillation processing, to remove the commonly found contaminants in fattier fish, such as lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, and PCB's.
This article was Researched & Compiled by my friend, Renee, RN